I've been working on a winter clothing piece in the past few days that I wanted to share. The task I set for myself was to make something that looked more organic in form. I have a
tendency to put lots of angles and lines in the costumes I design, so the main goal was to not do that.
I call it the Fibonacci scarf because the knitted portion follows that numerical progression. 1, 2, 3 ,5 8, 13, 21, 34, 55. The scarf was knitted on circular needles. I cast on 87 and then overlapped the remaining 55 to start. Then I repeated the sequence over and over. k1, p2, k3, p5, etc. once I finished the sequence I reversed the knits for pearls, meaning one complete row before repeating was actually two.
As would be expected with a number like this the pattern started to look organic, cloud like almost. I think I'm going to play with it more with other yarn soon.
The rest of the Seuss-ian extravaganza is faux wolf fur. I have quite a bit of it left over from some costume pieces I was working on last year. After I made the hood for Noga (see previous post) I wanted to extend that into something more balaclava style.
I keep calling it a prototype cause I'm sure I will make something later that a little more refined. But in terms of make something that looked kooky and organic, I think I nailed it.